Thursday, November 12, 2015

Minor Arcana Suit Cards

This is where my journey with the sacred Tarot begins.
The Tarot deck most commonly used today is actually two decks combined. The Major Arcana and the Minor Arcana. The Major Arcana are 22 cards, numbered from 0 (The Fool) to 21 (The World).
Many books that teach reading the Tarot cards tend to start with the Major Arcana. But, I am following the advice of Eileen Connolly, who is considered by many to be the leading authority on learning to interpret the cards.
I am starting with the Minor Arcana.
They are the suit cards. Wands, Cups, Swords, Pentacles.
Like modern playing cards, the Minor Arcana has 4 suits numbered 1 (Ace) to 10. Each suit also has 4 court cards – Page, Knight, Queen, King. (Over the years, the Page and Knight were merged into the Jack that is used in a deck of playing cards.)
Note: Sometimes the suit of Pentacles is called Coins and the suit of Wands is called Rods depending on the deck and who you are learning from.
I own 4 decks and never actually learned to read them, only to lay them out an refer back to the tiny little booklet that came with them. After more than a decade of getting my first deck, I begin my journey to learn the Sacred Teachings of the Tarot Cards. So, here we are!
I am familiar with the deck, the Major and Minor Arcana, and the suits. So, get to know your deck, and lets learn the Suit Keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment